|UK entry requirements
ABB including one of biology, human biology or chemistry.
A pass is required in science practical tests, where these are assessed separately. However, we will make allowances where covid has been the reason for practical test results being unavailable.
Five GCSEs at grade 7-4 (A-C) including English language, maths and science.
Please note: you must have achieved the GCSEs at the point of application and not at the point of entry.
||32, with three subjects at Higher Level including either biology or chemistry. If you have not taken GCSEs then we will require English, maths and a science subject to be taken at Standard Level.
Access to HE Diploma
Pass in the Access to Nursing and Midwifery / Health Professions (or equivalent) to include 45 credits at level 3, of which 30 must be at Distinction and the remaining 15 at Merit or above.
The diploma must include 24 credits at level 3 in human biology all achieved at Distinction. Modules relating to conducting and writing up lab reports will not count towards biology credits.
GCSE English language and maths are also required at grade 4 or above.
BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (2010 specification)
Minimum of DDM with 5 GCSE grades 7-4 (A-C) including English language, maths and science. You must achieve 60 credits from the following units:
- Development through the life stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for health and social care
- Physiological disorders
- Nutrition for health and social care
- Complementary therapies for health and social care
- Human inheritance for health and social care
- Infection prevention and control
- Physiology of fluid balance
BTEC Extended Diploma Applied Science (2010 specification)
Minimum of DDM with 5 GCSE grades 7-4 (A-C) in English language, maths and science. You must achieve 60 credits from the following modules:
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Physiology of Human Regulation and Reproduction
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
- Microbiological Techniques
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Biomedical Science Techniques
Please note that we require certain Biology units’ dependent upon BTEC taken and usually these Biology units must make up a minimum of 60 credits of the 180 award.
BTEC 2016 specifications for Level 3 National Extended Diploma
The following National Extended Diplomas should be passed with a minimum of Distinction, Distinction, Merit (DDM) plus 5 GCSEs at grades 4-7 (A-C) or above, including English language, maths and science.
- BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies)
- BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science
Please note: we do not accept CACHE qualifications.
This list is not exhaustive and we may accept BTECs other than those listed. For individual advice, please make an enquiry.