Welcome to Admissions
The Admissions team is responsible for managing and maintaining the University’s central admissions systems, policies and procedures.
We process applications and provide support and advice to applicants and staff. A full list of our responsibilities are detailed below.
The UCAS/UTT Admissions contact number
0115 9514749 option 1 is experiencing intermittent issues.
If you can’t get through please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
For further information on the application process, finance and University life please look at our online prospectuses.
Responsibilities of Admissions
The main responsibilities of the Admissions team are to:
- Manage and maintain the University's central admissions systems, policies and procedures
- Undertake Central Decision Making where this has been delegated by Schools (currently 21 UG Schools and 21 for PGT)
- Receive all undergraduate and postgraduate applications and distribute them to Schools/CDM team within agreed SLA timescales.
- Process decisions and offers for undergraduate and postgraduate applications in all faculties (with the exception of undergraduate Medicine and Health Science applications), including confirmation of A Level results within agreed SLA timescales and in accordance with the University’s admissions policies.
- Organise and co-ordinate the University’s Clearing activities.
- Monitor, analyse and report on all applications to the University.
- Determine the fee status of applicants.
- Identify sector trends, developments and best practice and distribute information to admissions tutors.
- Distribute pre-arrival/induction information to relevant candidates.
- Manage the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) for relevant incoming international Postgraduate students
- Manage the visa process for incoming international students, including issuing CAS certificates.
- Maintain accurate data on entry requirements, including UCAS publications such as entry profiles.
- Provide staff training to new admissions tutors.
- Represent the University on external sector groups such as the UCAS/DFES Curriculum Development Group, Russell Group Admissions Practitioners Group, ARC Admissions Group and ARC Postgraduate Group.
Recruitment UG Events PG Events Widening Participation