Our Career Mentoring scheme offers Nottingham alumni the opportunity to provide career advice and support to current students and graduates in their first year after leaving university.
Mentoring develops via remote contact over the academic year, giving participants time to benefit from their mentor's professional experience and knowledge. We've matched hundreds of alumni with students and new graduates since the scheme began – it's a great way for you to pass on wisdom and expertise to help the next generation embark on a successful career!
We will be recruiting mentors for 2021/22 later in 2021, but if you have any questions or want to find out more please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect from us
If we find you a match you can expect:
- to receive introductory online training from a dedicated Mentoring Coordinator
- to receive ongoing support from your Mentoring Coordinator
- to receive check-ins from our team across the duration of your mentoring partnership, ensuring everything is going well
What we expect from you
If matched you will need to accept our mentor agreement and also commit to:
- online mentor training at the start of the scheme (a one hour online induction)
- monthly mentoring sessions over email, text or videocall with your mentee
- providing feedback in check-ins and end of scheme evaluation to our team
The perfect partnership: Amy and Nerissa
The Mentor: Hear why Amy, a senior scientist at local business Sygnature Discovery, chose to mentor Nottingham students.
The Mentee: Hear how mentoring helped fourth-year neuroscience student Nerissa feel inspired about her future career.