Presessional English for Academic Purposes - Business and Management
Who is the course aimed at?
It is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students going on to study a degree in business and management.
How is the course delivered?
This course is available to study on campus here in Nottingham.
How will I learn?
The main aims of the business and management course are to:
- develop and improve your language skills in all areas so that you can meet the English language level required by NUBS
- prepare for the kinds of tasks you will need to perform in your future academic studies
- increase your understanding of the departmental expectations
- prepare to work collaboratively with other students
- develop the confidence and study skills necessary to succeed in your academic studies
What will I do?
You will be asked to do a series of tasks:
- Explore a variety of business-related academic topics
- Analyse and evaluate academic argument
- Plan and write a library-based paper on a business topic
- Participate in seminar discussions
How many hours will I study?
You will be expected to study for at least 36 hours per week. The course will include seminar type sessions, individual and group tutorials and independent study tasks.
How will I be assessed?
At the end of course you will be assessed to see if you are ready to move on to your academic course.
- research and write a library-based paper on a business topic
- participate in a group presentation and reflective discussion
How many students will be in my class?
Usually there are 14 to 18 students, but occasionally there may be over 18 in the class.
If the number recruited to the course is low, we may not be able to run it. If this happens, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.
If you are successful in gaining the required marks in your final assessments, you will be able to move on to your degree at NUBS.
Visit NUBS website