Rehabilitation Technologies Network
This national network, funded by the EPSRC, will bring together experts to identify the pressing issues in rehabilitation and develop novel, disruptive technologies to solve them.
The network is jointly led by the University of Nottingham and Loughborough University and is connected to the National Rehabilitation Centre (NRC), which will provide the focus for the network’s innovation and where we will integrate technologies into rehabilitation programmes. We hope to provide a pipeline of innovations for when the NRC opens in 2024.
The network will target both physical and mental health conditions, focussing on the following clinical areas:
- Cardio-respiratory rehabilitation
- Musculo-skeletal rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
The technical areas of focus will be:
- Advanced functional materials
- Patient-specific devices and therapy
- Closed loop and autonomous systems
Find out more