Green Rewards is an interactive programme for all staff and students at the University, rewarding you for the behaviours that improve individual and university-wide sustainability and wellbeing. You'll compete as part of a team to earn Green Points for your actions. There are a whole range of actions that you can earn points for under different themes:
- Sustainable travel
- Energy and carbon
- Health and wellbeing
- Get Involved
Each activity has a full description of what you'll need to do to earn Green Points – some will require a submission that you can make through the website, whilst others will invite you to report your actions on a weekly basis.
How it works
- Sign up for free on the UoN Green Rewards platform using your UoN student/staff email.
- Or download the free UoN Green Rewards app in the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Begin earning points straight away by taking part in specific activities such as calculating your carbon footprint or taking a plastic pledge.
- Climb the leader board by taking part in weekly activities such as reporting your recycling or switching things off.
- Every month the top performing staff and students win a £20 voucher. We also raffle two £20 vouchers to those who take part. Winners can choose from:
- National vouchers such as Love2shop,
Marks & Spencer or book tokens
- Local vouchers such as Koti Boxes, White Rose, Cow Vintage, 200Degrees Coffee
- Cinema vouchers such as Broadway, Showcase, Cineworld
We're also supporting local charities. Throughout the programme participants can vote for their favourite charity to receive a £200 donation every term.
The Green Rewards Insight Series is a set of bimonthly webinars exploring the biggest topics in climate action and sustainability. The Series will empower and inform you on a range of topics including biodiversity, health and textiles.
Even better - you can earn Green Points along the way! There are plenty of opportunities to boost your spot on the leader board for signing up, attending the webinars and taking part in quizzes.
For those who complete the full series (all six webinars and completing all six quizzes) there will be bonus points awarded as well as an Insight Series e-certificate.
Login and register.