The MSc Sustainable Energy and Entrepreneurship is offered by the Department of Architecture and Built Environment in conjunction with the Nottingham University Business School. This course provides students with advanced skills in renewable energy, energy efficiency and business.
The course is designed for students with a background in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy, etc.) or Science (Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Science) or Economics. The course is also suitable for the applicants with a background in Architecture, Geography, Business, Management or other similar subjects, with an evidence of their basic mathematics skill and their basic knowledge or experience in energy.
The economic wealth of a country depends not only on its research base but also on its ability to exploit the commercial potential of its intellectual property. This course provides vital training in each of the areas within the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. Students will gain technical skills in this field as well as becoming fluent in the financial, marketing and managerial aspects of modern business. It aims to develop confidence and understanding in the specialist field of entrepreneurship applied to technology that can arise from the research base of sustainable energy subjects.
By the end of the course, you will have gained useful and technical knowledge in the areas of sustainable energy and business as well as the application of technologies to proposed business models, and you will be adept at communicating and presenting yourself and your projects to an audience. Graduates from the course will be well placed to pursue careers in renewable energy technology industries.
- As part of its remit, the Department of Architecture and Built Environment aims to develop your vocational skills and the environmentally responsible attitude necessary in today's rapidly changing world.
- The department enjoys strong collaborative links with overseas institutions.
- Nottingham University Business School is a leading centre for management education and its mission is to be a top ranked international business school, excellent in both teaching and research.
Presessional English for Academic Purposes
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) runs a 5-week Built Environment English language and study skills course. This course is designed in collaboration with the Department of Architecture and Built Environment to prepare students going onto Architecture and Built Environment programmes.
If you are close to the English language level you need to go on to your MSc course and you meet the entry requirements for the relevant CELE course, you may be eligible for a joint offer. This means that:
- you only need one TIER 4 visa and CAS
- you take a 10 or 5-week English Language and Academic Skills preparation course, and then go onto your MSc course
- you have a guaranteed place on the MSc course
- your progression to the MSc is automatic, provided you attend and complete all the coursework
For more details, please visit the CELE website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.