This 12 month course aims to provide science or engineering graduates from a diversity of backgrounds with a solid grounding in modern bioengineering technologies, together with options to develop an emphasis in biomechanics and biomaterials, bioimaging and biosensing and digital modelling of various human systems which will prepare students for a career in an industrial, clinical or research environment.
This course is one of two closely related bioengineering masters courses that comprise of a common core with the ability to focus on specific aspects of bioengineering.
The course has a broader scope than the other related course, allowing students to select modules related to biomaterials, biomechanics and digital modelling.
This course may be appropriate for students who have yet to decide which area of bioengineering they wish to focus on. The principles of the course are highly relevant to the established medical device sector, the biotechnology and the emerging regenerative medicine industry.
This multidisciplinary masters covers practical and theoretical aspects of bioengineering, including:
- cell-biomaterial surface interactions
- materials characterisation
- functionalisation of surface
- biomechanics and mathematical modelling
Presessional English for Academic Purposes
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) runs a 5-week Engineering English language and study skills course. This course is designed in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering to prepare students going onto engineering programmes.
If you are close to the English language level you need to go on to your MSc course and you meet the entry requirements for the relevant CELE course, you may be eligible for a joint offer. This means that:
- you only need one TIER 4 visa and CAS
- you take a 10 or 5-week English Language and Academic Skills preparation course, and then go onto your MSc course
- you have a guaranteed place on the MSc course
- your progression to the MSc is automatic, provided you attend and complete all the coursework
For more details, please visit the CELE website or contact email@example.com.