Centre for English Language Education (CELE)
Changes to presessional courses
During the ongoing Coronavirus situation, the Centre for English Language Education will continue to work with and support our students.
Due to travel restrictions, courses starting before the end of August 2020 will be delivered online. We are working hard to make sure that all students can access their presessional course.
Visas and immigration
Where study is fully online, you will not need a Tier 4 CAS for your presessional course. For full information on Tier 4 CAS issuing, including advice where a Tier 4 CAS has already been issued or used to make a visa application, refer to the University's immigration information.
Develop your English language skills at one of the world's top universities.
We are accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK, so you can be sure of the high-quality teaching, facilities and support that we offer.
We welcome high achieving students from across the globe, to study with us as part of our exciting and growing international student community.
What we offer
- Presessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) courses that take your academic and language skills to the required level – successful students can progress to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with us
- Insessional Academic English Support courses that develop your language skills and academic understanding as you study on your degree programme
- Credit-bearing modules that enable students studying particular degrees to study English for credits
- Short specialised courses for students who will not be progressing to academic studies at the University of Nottingham
CELE is located within the Dearing Building, number 6 on the campus map. CELE also operates at our China and Malaysia campuses.
For some of our presessional courses if you meet the entry requirements, you may be eligible for a joint offer.
With a joint offer, you:
- only need one Tier 4 visa and CAS
- take an English language and academic skills presessional course and then go on to your postgraduate taught course
- have a guaranteed place on your postgraduate taught course
- will automatically progress to your postgraduate taught course, provided your attendance on the CELE presessional course is at least 80% and you complete all the coursework
- We are a global top 100 university and our academic excellence has earned us an international reputation
- As a Nottingham graduate, you will be equipped with essential skills and specialist knowledge which will enable you to achieve your career goals
- We are situated in the heart of England on a visually stunning and eco-friendly campus, offering you an inspiring and exciting learning environment
- The city of Nottingham has recently been recognised as one of the top 3 most cost-effective university cities in the UK
- Our friendly and supportive culture and the many societies run by our Students' Union will give you a great student experience
- The University is participating in a Tier 4 visa pilot scheme, which grants eligible masters students six months additional leave to remain in the UK after their course end date