The Noel Street Preaching Station was a mission established as a daughter church of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in 1901. It was in the Hyson Green area of Nottingham, on the corner of Noel Street and Beaconsfield Street. It closed in the mid-20th century, and most of its congregation transferred to St Andrew’s. According to the brochure commemorating the centenary of St Andrew’s in 1966 (AU/V 5/3), former members of Noel Street were instrumental in establishing the Fellowship of Youth at St Andrew’s.
There are no specific records of the Noel Street Mission within the St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church collection (AU), although its activities are mentioned within various documents.
Nottinghamshire Archives holds records of the church, as follows:
No registers are known to be in public archives or record offices.
Next page: St Columba's Presbyterian Church, Nottingham
Kings Meadow CampusLenton Lane
Nottingham, NG7 2NR
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4565
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 8651
Browser does not support script.
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs