Aside from the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA), other sources of funding may be available to disabled students that are from the UK. 

The information provided is for general guidance and cannot cover all circumstances. We have made every effort to ensure this information is accurate but please contact the relevant funding body to confirm the current arrangements and to seek further advice.

Additional providers of funding are detailed below: 

  • For information about the funding available through the University of Nottingham, please view the Financial Support pages.
  • Contact your local Social Services department at the beginning of the university application stage. 
  • The Snowdon Trust can provide grants to help cover costs for disabled students in higher education. Applications received between 1 February and 31 May are reviewed by a panel in July. Applications received between 1 June and 31 August are reviewed by a panel in October. 
  • Motability is a national UK charity that can assist in the provision of vehicles and powered wheelchairs.
  • Access to Work is a government scheme to supplement support at work that is not covered by your employer making reasonable adjustments.  The support is based on your needs and may include a grant to cover specialist aids, adaptations, support worker services and travel to work. 
  • For advice or information about a claim for Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) please visit the DirectGov website