Services for Students

Funding for continuing undergraduate students

If you will be continuing your full time, undergraduate course in 2023/24 then this page advises the maintenance loan and grant figures for the 2023/24 academic year for undergraduate students with 'home' fee status, who usually live in England. Please note that the maintenance loan in your final year is less than in earlier years.

Information about new funding from the NHS for Health Sciences courses 

Information if you are going on a placement year or studying abroad


What funding is available from The University of Nottingham?

Female student




From the UK Government (SLC) post 2016 entry 

Maintenance Loan

The maximum loan you can apply for in 2023/24 is £9,978  A percentage of the loan is offered without having your household income assessed.  The amount you receive will also depend on whether you live in rented accommodation or stay at home with your parent/s. The loan is less in your final year of study.

 Living at home Living elsewhere
max £8,400 max £9,978
min £3,698 (non means tested) min £4,651 (non means tested)
Final year rate Final year rate
max £7,904 max £9,436
min £3,397 (non means tested) min £4,324 (non means tested)

For full details it is suggested you go to the web site. 

From the UK Government (SLC) 2012-2015 starters

ls it is suggested that you go to the web site.

Tuition Fee Loan

The Tuition Fee Loan for continuing students will be up to £9,250 which is the tuition fee charged by the University of Nottingham to continuing 'home', undergraduates in 2023/24

If you already hold an honours degree please call us or download our factsheet for more information.

Information about repaying your student loans


From the University

The University has a generous Bursary scheme and there are a number of Scholarships offered.  Visit the Bursaries and Scholarships pages to see what support you may be eligible to apply for.

If you find you are struggling financially while at University then there are funds available that you can apply to.  Visit the Support funds and Managing your money pages for more information.



Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points