Nottingham is easily accessible via public transport from major UK airports and cities, including London, Birmingham, and Manchester, and nearby East Midlands Airport. So wherever you are arriving from there are lots of ways to get to campus.
We advise planning your route and booking your tickets in advance. This will help you save money and make your journey much easier. We have some advice on things you need to consider before travel below.
This page was last updated on 20 October 2022 at 09:10 (GMT)
On this page
- Make sure you have any documents you may need for entry to the UK – see our guidance on entering the UK
- In the UK face masks are optional. It is up to you if you wear a face mask while travelling
- Make sure you have your train or coach ticket and journey details ready. Staff will need to check your ticket
- If you haven't booked an advance ticket, you must buy a ticket at the ticket office before boarding
- Plan your full journey including your arrival on campus. Check our campus maps and local travel connections so you know what to do when you arrive in Nottingham
You have arrived in Nottingham, what’s next? Whether you arrive at East Midlands Airport, Nottingham train station, or Nottingham city centre, there are a few easy ways to travel to our campuses:
You will find taxis parked outside Nottingham train station and in the city centre. Or you could book a taxi with a local taxi company such as DG Cars or Nottingham Cars, or you can use the Uber app
The tram is available from Nottingham train station and the city centre to get to University Park
There are bus services you can use from Nottingham city centre to get to University Park and Jubilee campus.
More on travel options
From East Midlands Airport
East Midlands Airport is just 15 miles from Nottingham city centre and there is a dedicated bus service between the airport and the city centre.
From there, you can either get a taxi or the tram from the city centre to the university.
The University of Nottingham is working in partnership with National Express coaches, providing you with a 20% discount off your ticket.
National Express offer regular transfers between London Heathrow and Nottingham Broadmarsh Bus & Coach Station.
You can book your ticket in advance, but if you have not, staff at the airport can guide you to the ticket office.
If you’re arriving by train, timetable information is available from National Rail.
Nottingham Train Station is a quick walk from the city centre. When you arrive, you can follow the signs to get a taxi to the university from outside the station.
Or you can reach our University Park campus directly on the tram. Follow the signs from your platform, and head north on the Phoenix Park or Hucknall tram lines.
- Please see the NET site for more information on ticket prices.
- Trams leave from Nottingham Station every 7-10 minutes.
If you wish to make your own way to campus you can book a taxi from the following airports:
Campus maps and directions