The Division of Midwifery offers a dynamic, values based midwifery degree course. We have created an integrated programme structure that supports you as you become a more confident independent learner and practitioner.
- Study a student-centred curriculum that prepares competent, autonomous practitioners with highly developed practical skills
- Fully accredited by the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative (BFI)
- From year one you will follow a number of women during pregnancy, birth and beyond through your case-holding experience
- Have the opportunity to complete the Newborn and Infant Physical Examination (NIPE) pathway
- An outstanding reputation for teaching and research excellence which is reflected throughout the curriculum. In the latest Research Excellence Framework our nursing and midwifery research was ranked 8th for impact.
Our undergraduate midwifery course:
The three year degree programme has been designed for those who wish to complete the requirements for an honours degree as well as eligibility for registration as a midwife.
From 15 March 2022, the UK government revoked the requirement for students engaged in patient-facing health or social care settings to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This means that while we still encourage all eligible students to become fully vaccinated, there will be no impediment to you starting your course, regardless of your Covid-19 vaccination status.