We offer research students:
- advanced research training
- expert supervision (each student is allocated two supervisors)
- frequent reviews and feedback on progress
- departmental research seminars/work in progress sessions
- well-equipped work bases, with excellent library and IT facilities
- support for research trips and conference attendance, inter-library loan
Researcher training and development
The Researcher Academy is the network for researchers, and staff who support them. We work together to promote a healthy research culture, to cultivate researcher excellence, and develop creative partnerships that enable researchers to flourish.
Postgraduate researchers at Nottingham have access to our online Members’ area, which includes a wealth of resources, access to training courses and award-winning postgraduate placements.
Our graduate centres are dedicated community spaces on campus for postgraduates.
Each space has areas for:
- computer work
- kitchen facilities
You will have access to a range of support services, including:
- academic and disability support
- childcare services
- counselling service
- faith support
- financial support
- mental health and wellbeing support
- visa and immigration advice
- welfare support
Our Students' Union represents all students. You can join the Postgraduate Students’ Network or contact the dedicated Postgraduate Officer.
There are also a range of support networks, including groups for:
- international students
- black and minority ethnic students
- students who identify as women
- students with disabilities
- LGBT+ students
SU Advice provides free, independent and confidential advice on issues such as accommodation, financial and academic difficulties.