The MSc in Management Psychology will be of value to those interested in applying psychology, particularly occupational psychology, in a practical organisational context, as a line manager, HR manager or consultant.
Find out some of the careers that our recent graduates have gone onto...
- Clare Chaplin - Associate, Lloyds Banking Group
- Wei Fang - Interactive Production Manager, P&G
- Lee Guanling - Senior HR Manager, Global Energy Marketing, Hess Corporation
- Tina Harkin - Assistant Director OD, United Lincolnshire Hospitals
- Daniel Jany - Associate Manager, European Business Development, Strategic Business Insights (consulting and research company)
- Mausam Jhaveri - Human Resource Department Manager, Future Group (retail company), India
- Bina Kotecha - Senior Training and Development Manager, UHL NHS Trust
- Amit Mistry - Administrative Team Supervisor, Giving World Online
- Raita Sasaki - Chief (Overseas Division), Japan Bio Science Laboratory
- William Teo - Owner, William Teo & Associates
- Julie Wright - Partner, PRW LLP (independent HR consultant)
Many graduates of the course also go on to do further research and PhDs, for example:
- Yin Yin Zang - now a PhD student at Nottingham exploring Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Chinese earthquake survivors
The University of Nottingham is one of the UK's top 10 universities most targeted by recruiters. Some 2,000 employers approach the University each year to recruit our students.
Programme directors will be happy to provide general information about career prospects in relation to their courses and to advise you on the most appropriate course depending upon the career path you have in mind. Together with the University's Centre for Career Development (CCD), we will help you plan your future.
Average starting salary and career progression
In 2015, 93% of postgraduates from the Faculty of Medicine & Health Services who were available for employment had secured work or further study within six months of graduation. The average starting salary was £28,925 with the highest being £70,000.*
*Known destinations of full-time home postgraduates 2014/15. Salaries are calculated based on those in full-time paid employment within the UK.
Career prospects and employability
The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers* and can offer you a head-start when it comes to your career.
Our Careers and Employability Service offers a range of services including advice sessions, employer events, recruitment fairs and skills workshops – and once you have graduated, you will have access to the service for life.
* The Graduate Market 2013-2016, High Fliers Research