A year in the life of...Giving Time
Over 1,000 of you – our amazing alumni, staff and friends – have generously given your time to help us over the last year. You’ve made a real difference – helping our students enjoy the best University experience and giving our researchers valuable support.
Volunteers are getting involved in our work in many different ways – from inspiring students and fellow alumni in their future careers and helping build links with local communities around the world, to aiding our mission to deliver first-class, world-changing research in areas like dementia and children’s brain tumours.
Thank you for everything you’ve done – we couldn’t have achieved so much without you!
Celebrating our volunteers
• Over 50 of you have come back to speak at a ‘Spotlight on…’ and ‘Where are they now?’ event.
• 363 eMentors from all around the world are signed up to support and inspire our students.
• Ingenuity Lab members are helping take business ideas to the next level.
• Elite alumni athletes, Leadership in Sport speakers, and volunteer coaches are taking sport at Nottingham to new heights.
• 101 of you across the globe have completed alumni profiles, helping prospective and current students understand different career paths.
• You've shared your unique insights with prospective students at events hosted around the world, from Canada to Hong Kong, Mexico to Thailand.
• Work placement and internship opportunities have provided valuable professional experience for our students.
Changing how we research
• Focus groups and individual research reviews are helping Nottingham become a dementia friendly University.
• Life Cycle 6 fundraisers are getting us ever-closer to our £1 million target to fund innovative breast cancer research.
Building and engaging communities
• Children’s Festival volunteers and Luminarium Guides have helped put the University on the cultural map.
• Volunteers across Asia and the US are helping to build strong alumni communities in their regions.
• International students and research staff were welcomed by Family Link volunteers.
• Rare, local historical documents have been reviewed and student documents catalogued by Manuscripts and Special Collections volunteers.
Whether it’s providing expert careers advice at our Spotlight event series, eMentoring from around the world, helping to build strong international communities, offering work placements and internships, or exploring the University’s archives, our volunteers are making a huge impact. Thank you! We can't wait to see you at the volunteer awards next month.
Are you inspired to do more? Can you help your University of Nottingham community to be even better? Whatever you're doing and wherever you are, there’s an opportunity to suit you.