We can advise you of the accommodation options available if you have a personal carer that helps you with daily living tasks, such as showering, getting dressed, meal preparation, shopping etc. Provision of personal care is outside of the University’s responsibilities and is not funded through the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). You are responsible for making your own arrangements for personal care support and ensuring you have secured sufficient funding to cover the cost of this.

If you are a UK fee-paying student please contact your local Social Services Department to request a community assessment to discuss a suitable care package. 

If you are an international student, please contact UK based personal care agencies before coming to the University so you can discuss your personal requirements and related costs. Please make these arrangements before commencing your studies to ensure you have the appropriate support and sufficient funds in place. 

We recommend that you consider care providers that are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC is the health and social care regulator for England. On their website you can search for domiciliary care services in Nottingham and find:

  • The CQC Reports about Care Service
  • Details of the service it offers
  • The CQC’s quality rating for the Service, thus making it easier to compare with others and get an up-to-date list of all the providers in the local area

This is also something you might find helpful to discuss with your Social Worker.