New full-time students need to:
- register online, and
- complete in-person registration at the start of your course
If you have previously studied here but are starting a new course, then you will need to complete in-person registration.
Lincoln Medical School students and any other students starting from a location which is not a University of Nottingham campus need to follow these instructions.
You do not need to complete in-person registration (just online registration) if you are one of the following:
- Returning students
- Part-time students
- Distance learners
How to complete in-person registration
Depending on your citizenship, you will need to follow the steps below to complete your registration at the university.
British and Irish students
- You are not required to book an appointment to complete in-person registration.
- Once you arrive at the University of Nottingham, you need to log into our campus wifi (Eduroam) using your university email and password.
- You must log in within 3 weeks of your course start date, for your in-person registration to be confirmed.
Wifi login instructions
Students with EU settlement scheme (EUSS) permission
- If you have let us know about your EU settlement status already, please follow the instructions above for British and Irish Students to complete your in-person registration.
- If you still need to provide us with confirmation of your EU settlement scheme permission, this can be done via this online form. Once completed your in person registration will be confirmed within 3 working days.
All other international students
You must book an appointment to confirm your in person registration and have your passport and visa/immigration documents checked and/or scanned. This must be completed no later than three weeks after your course start date.
If you have a Student visa and a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card that is being delivered to the university, you can collect this at the same time as completing your in person registration.
Please remember to bring the following to your in-person appointment:
- Your Nottingham ID number
- Your passport
- Your immigration permission (entry clearance vignette and Biometric Residence Permit, for example) to demonstrate your right to study in the UK. You will need the original documents.
Please use the booking link below:
Book an in-person registration appointment
Please note you MUST complete in person registration within three weeks of your course start date otherwise you will be unable to join your course.
Lincoln Medical School students and any other students starting their studies off campus
If you are starting a new full-time course at the University of Nottingham but your studies commence from a location which is not a University of Nottingham campus but is formally agreed as integral to your course of study, you will need to complete your in-person registration virtually by filling out this form.
This includes students who are out on placement as part of the MArch (RIBA) programme, students who are based at the University of Lincoln and students on collaborative partnerships requiring studies to be commenced at a partner location, most often outside the UK.
You will need to complete this form by the latest registration date. The registration deadline for degree level courses is three weeks after the course start date.
If you are unsure how to proceed or have any questions, please contact us or visit our student enquiry centre.