New full-time students need to:
- register online, and
- complete in-person registration at the start of your course
If you have previously studied here but are starting a new course, then you must still complete in-person registration.
If you are a student starting your course from a location which is not a University of Nottingham campus, including Lincoln Medical School students, you will need to follow these instructions.
You do not need to complete in-person registration if you are one of the following:
- Returning students
- Part-time students
- Distance learners
How to complete in-person registration
How you complete in-person registration depends on your citizenship (not your fee status). Please follow the steps below which are relevant to you.
British and Irish students
- When you arrive on campus you need to log in to our campus Wi-Fi (eduroam) using your university email and password (not your applicant details).
- This will complete your in-person registration automatically.
- You must log in within 3 weeks of your course start date, for your in-person registration to be confirmed.
- British/Irish citizens and students with EUSS are not required to book an appointment to complete in-person registration.
- Once you have completed your online and in-person registration you should receive an email to your University account (within 48 hours) to confirm your registration is complete.
Wi-Fi login instructions
Students with EU settlement scheme (EUSS) permission
- If you have let us know about your EU settlement status already, please follow the instructions above for British and Irish Students to complete your in-person registration.
- If you still need to provide us with confirmation of your EU settlement scheme permission, this can be done via this online form. Once you have completed this your in person registration will be confirmed within 3 working days.
All other students (non-British/Irish and without EUSS)
You must book an appointment to confirm your in person registration and have your passport and visa/immigration documents checked and/or scanned.
Please note, in person registration can only be carried out from the start date of your course, and you must complete this within three weeks of that start date otherwise you will be unable to join your course.
If you have a Student visa and a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card that is being delivered to the university, you can collect this at the same time as completing your in person registration.
Please remember to bring the following to your in-person appointment:
- Your Nottingham ID number
- Your passport
- Your immigration permission (entry clearance vignette and Biometric Residence Permit, for example) to demonstrate your right to study in the UK. You will need the original documents.
Please use the booking link below. Appointments take place at Cherry Tree Lodge, University Park Campus (number 13 on the campus map).
Check your School Induction timetable before booking your appointment to avoid clashes.
Please only book one appointment; if you need to cancel or change the time of the appointment, there is a link to do so in the confirmation email that you will receive.
Book an appointment for in-person registration and/or BRP Collection
Please note you MUST complete in person registration within three weeks of your course start date otherwise you will be unable to join your course.
Once you have completed your online and in-person registration you should receive an email to your University account (within 48 hours) to confirm your registration is complete.
Any student starting their studies off campus including Lincoln Medical School students
If you are starting a new full-time course at the University of Nottingham but your studies commence from a location which is not a University of Nottingham campus but is formally agreed as integral to your course of study, you will need to complete your in-person registration virtually by completing the virtual in-person registration form below:
Virtual in-person registration
This includes students who are out on placement as part of the MArch (RIBA) programme, students who are based at the University of Lincoln and students on collaborative partnerships requiring studies to be commenced at a partner location, most often outside the UK.
You will need to complete this form by the registration deadline. The registration deadline for degree level courses is three weeks after the course start date.
Once you have completed your online and in person registration you should receive an email to your University account (within 48 hours) to confirm your registration is complete.
If you are unsure how to proceed or have any questions, please contact us or visit our student enquiry centre.