• Print

Room exchanges and early departures

In exceptional circumstances it is possible to change your room type or hall during the year, although it can take considerable time and we would prefer to discuss ways that your problems can be resolved without a move.

Room exchanges within your current hall


If you are in catered halls and want to transfer to another room, please submit your request to the Hall Manager and they will assist you where possible. Room moves within hall are subject to a £50 fee as per Clause 14 of your Licence Agreement.


If you are in a University-arranged self-catered site and want to transfer to another room, please submit your request to the site management team and they will assist you where possible. Please note there will normally be an associated transfer charge.


Room exchanges across halls

If you are in catered halls and want to move to another hall, log your request with Accommodation Services by completing the online transfer request form. You will be able to log your exchange request from 14 October 2019 onwards.  For all other student support options contact your hall warden

Normally you will need to have a replacement for your room before you can move, and we will try to find an exchange for you. This can take some time and is not always possible but we will update you at regular intervals.


Early departures from licence/contract 

If you are moving to non-University-arranged accommodation or leaving the University early, the following options are available:

Accommodation managed by the University of Nottingham or UPP (Broadgate Park) Ltd

If you are suspending your studies you are bound under the terms of the accommodation licence to pay for the whole year’s fees. Please complete our online leavers form to notify us of your intention to leave and we will confirm with your Hall Management team and Warden. You will then be sent an email outlining your fee liability for the remainder of your accommodation licence.  

If you are experiencing difficulties within your hall you may be invited to a meeting with your hall warden to discuss your situation and possible student support options available. Please complete our online experiencing difficulties form.

University-arranged self-catered site managed by Unite, Derwent Students or Campus Living Villages 

Discuss your request with your site management team and they will advise you.

You should normally expect to continue to pay for the full year’s accommodation fee.




Portland Building
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 3697