Quality and Standards Committee
Terms of Reference
- To assist the Teaching and Learning Board in discharging its responsibilities for the University's academic quality and standards.
- To oversee the application of all University regulations, policies and procedures in respect to quality and standards.
- To keep relevant Quality Manual policies under regular review.
- To consider Memoranda of Agreement for approval and renewal.
- To approve all new programme specifications/revisions to existing programme specifications.
- To approve the withdrawal of programmes upon which students are currently registered or for which applicants hold offers.
- To have oversight of the process of approval of all new and amended modules.
- To undertake the appointment of External Examiners.
- To receive External Examiners' Reports and School responses for consideration.
- To receive Schools' annual monitoring reports for consideration.
- To receive reports from professional statutory and regulatory bodies with regard to accredited programmes for consideration.
- To make regular reports to Teaching and Learning Board on its activities and plans.
Chair: Professor Phil Shipway
For each Faculty/Campus Representative:
Arts: Dr Gabriele Neher, Dr Tracey Potts
Social Sciences: Dr Sandra Frisby, Professor Howard Bennett
Science: Professor Keith Benedict, Professor John Owers-Bradley
Engineering: Dr Kay Bond, Dr Sergio Altomonte
Medicine and Health Sciences: Dr Ian Duce, Professor Jo Leonardi-Bee
Malaysia Campus: Dr Hazel Ramos, Dr Stewart McWilliam, Dr Winnie Yap Soo Ping
Ningbo Campus: Dr Peter Morgan, Dr Dunant Halim, Dr Rosario Franco
Inter-Campus Quality Assurance Officer: Dr Jonathan Tallant
Chair of Foundation Year Committee: Dr Iain Paterson-Stephens
Education Officers of the Students' Union/Association (one per campus):
Beth Massey (Nottingham Campus)
Tormalli Vigilia Francis (Malaysia Campus)
Xiaoxing (Isabel) Cheng (Ningbo Campus)
Postgraduate Students' Officer: Matt Bramley
Director of Service Development: Clare Gough
Senior Quality and Standards Administration Manager: Alison Reeves
Secretary: Georgia Thresh
(updated November 2016)
Return to Committees list