Quality and Standards Committee
Terms of Reference
- To assist the Teaching and Learning Committee in discharging its responsibilities for the University's academic quality and standards.
- To oversee the application of all University regulations, policies and procedures in respect to quality and standards.
- To keep relevant Quality Manual policies under regular review.
- To consider Memoranda of Agreement for approval and renewal.
- To approve all new programme specifications/revisions to existing programme specifications.
- To approve the withdrawal of programmes upon which students are currently registered or for which applicants hold offers.
- To have oversight of the process of approval of all new and amended modules.
- To undertake the appointment of External Examiners.
- To receive External Examiners' Reports and School responses for consideration.
- To receive Schools' annual monitoring reports for consideration.
- To receive reports from professional statutory and regulatory bodies with regard to accredited programmes for consideration.
- To make regular reports to Teaching and Learning Committee on its activities and plans.
- Members normally sit on the Committee for 4-5 years.
Chair: Professor Jonathan Tallant
Deputy Chair: Dr Keith Benedict
For each Faculty/Campus Representative:
Arts: Dr Chris Woodard (UG), Dr Gabriele Neher (PG)
Social Sciences: Kirsten Greenhalgh (UG), Dr Mary Bailey (PG)
Science: Professor Chris Hayes (UG), Dr Harriet Allen (PG)
Engineering: Dr Kay Bond (UG), Dr Peter Rutherford (PG)
Medicine and Health Sciences: Katy Cobb (UG), Dr Kim Edwards (PG)
Malaysia Campus: Dr Hazel Ramos, Professor Sandy Hwei San Loh
Ningbo Campus: Dr Peter Morgan, Dr Dunant Halim, Dr Rosario Franco
Chair of Foundation Year Committee: Professor John McMaster
Inter-Campus Quality Officer: Dr Peter Morgan
Education Officers of the Students' Union/Association (one per campus):
Cassie O'Boyle (Nottingham Campus)
Saajit Irfahn (Malaysia Campus)
tbc (Ningbo Campus)
Postgraduate Officer: Cassie Ulrich
Director of Academic Processes: Sandra Mienczakowski
Senior Quality and Standards Administration Manager: Alison Reeves
Secretary: tbc (Quality and Standards Team)
(updated February 2019)
Return to Committees list