Quality and Standards Committee
Terms of Reference
- To assist the Teaching and Learning Committee in discharging its responsibilities for the University's academic quality and standards.
- To oversee the application of all University regulations, policies and procedures in respect to quality and standards.
- To keep relevant Quality Manual policies under regular review.
- To consider Memoranda of Agreement for approval and renewal.
- To approve all new programme specifications/revisions to existing programme specifications.
- To approve the withdrawal of programmes upon which students are currently registered or for which applicants hold offers.
- To have oversight of the process of approval of all new and amended modules.
- To undertake the appointment of External Examiners and External Assessors.
- To receive outside of regulation casework for consideration.
- To receive External Examiners' Reports and School responses for consideration.
- To receive Schools' annual monitoring reports for consideration.
- To receive reports from professional statutory and regulatory bodies with regard to accredited programmes for consideration.
- To advise on Portfolio diversification with respect to quality and standards.
- To make regular reports to Teaching and Learning Committee on its activities and plans.
- To make regular reports to Faculty meetings on its activities and plans, as well as receive Faculty concerns relating to Quality Assurance matters.
- To receive reports from Sub-Committees.
- Members normally sit on the Committee for 4-5 years.
Chair: Professor Kim Edwards
Deputy Chair: Professor Harriet Allen
For each Faculty/Campus Representative:
Arts: Sean Matthews (UG), Lucie Sutherland (PG)
Social Sciences: David Harvey (UG), Anne Emerson (PG)
Science: Shailesh Mistry (UG),Colin Johnson (PG)
Engineering: Barbara Turnbull (UG), Ed Morris (PG)
Medicine and Health Sciences: Katy Cobb (UG), Alison Mostyn (PG)
Malaysia Campus: Vengadeshvaran Sarma, Jessica Price
Ningbo Campus: Hing Kai Chan, Dave Towey, Derek Irwin
Chair of Foundation Year Committee: Mohamed Elmaghrbi
Inter-Campus Quality Officer: Vacant
Adademic Director of Degree Apprenticeships: Jonathan Tallant
Education Officers of the Students' Union/Association (one per campus):
River Butterworth (Nottingham Campus)
Maryam Mohamed (Malaysia Campus)
Ziyi Guo(Ningbo Campus)
Postgraduate Officer: Vacant
Associate Director Quality and Student Management System: Sandra Mienczakowski
Head of Student Registry: Joo Pei Poh
Director of Academic Services Office: Maggie Yang
Deputy Director of Registry and Academic Affairs: Suzanne Morrison
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for the Researcher Academy: Lucy Donaldson
Associate Director Education Excellence: Alison Reeves
Head of Education Excellence Support: Sarah Seeley
Secretary: Hayley Robinson
(updated September 2023)
Return to Committees list