Quality and Standards Committee
Terms of Reference
- To assist the Teaching and Learning Committee in discharging its responsibilities for the University's academic quality and standards.
- To oversee the application of all University regulations, policies and procedures in respect to quality and standards.
- To keep relevant Quality Manual policies under regular review.
- To consider Memoranda of Agreement for approval and renewal.
- To approve all new programme specifications/revisions to existing programme specifications.
- To approve the withdrawal of programmes upon which students are currently registered or for which applicants hold offers.
- To have oversight of the process of approval of all new and amended modules.
- To undertake the appointment of External Examiners.
- To receive External Examiners' Reports and School responses for consideration.
- To receive Schools' annual monitoring reports for consideration.
- To receive reports from professional statutory and regulatory bodies with regard to accredited programmes for consideration.
- To make regular reports to Teaching and Learning Committee on its activities and plans.
- To make regular reports to Faculty meetings on its activities and plans, as well as receive Faculty concerns relating to QA matters.
- Members normally sit on the Committee for 4-5 years.
Chair: Jonathan Tallant
Deputy Chair: Keith Benedict
For each Faculty/Campus Representative:
Arts: Chris Woodard (UG), Lucie Sutherland (PG)
Social Sciences: Kirsten Greenhalgh (UG), Anne Emerson (PG)
Science: Chris Hayes (UG), Harriet Allen (PG)
Engineering: Barbara Turnbull (UG), Daniel Beneroso Vallejo (PG)
Medicine and Health Sciences: Katy Cobb (UG), Kim Edwards (PG)
Malaysia Campus: Hazel Ramos, Sandy Hwei San Loh
Ningbo Campus: Peter Lamb, Dunant Halim, Wyatt Moss-Wellington
Chair of Foundation Year Committee: Mohamed Elmaghrbi
Inter-Campus Quality Officer: Peter Morgan
Adademic Director of Degree Apprenticeships: TBC
Education Officers of the Students' Union/Association (one per campus):
Rebecca Craven (Nottingham Campus)
Meghna Mukherjee (Malaysia Campus)
Yiwei Jiang (Ningbo Campus)
Postgraduate Officer: Abdi Ahmed
Head of Academic Processes: Sandra Mienczakowski
Head of Student Registry: Joo Pei Poh
Complaints and Conduct Manager: Rachel Newnham
Head of Education Excellence Support: Alison Reeves
Secretary: Hayley Robinson
(updated October 2020)
Return to Committees list