Terms of Reference
- To agree and oversee the annual remuneration process for senior staff (Level 7) which will encompass a total remuneration review for these staff.
- To receive reports concerning non-clinical professorial and equivalent professional services senior management staff (Level 7) total remuneration and reward.
- To receive recommendations from the Vice-Chancellor on total remuneration for the University Executive Board, including expatriate remuneration.
- To review and determine the Vice-Chancellor's total remuneration (eg. salary, benefits, bonus and terms of employment).
- To keep under review the University's Reward Strategy, in particular as it relates to professors and other senior members of staff.
- To oversee severance packages for staff earning in excess of £100k per annum.
- To review senior staff equal pay issues.
- To consider the terms and conditions under which any UEB member (or a member of their family) who has retired or otherwise left the employ of the University may (or may not be) re-engaged in any form of employment or consultancy.
- To consider and note matters of strategic significance concerning remuneration and other employment matters. This includes, but not exclusively, the recruitment, promotion and retention of senior staff.
External Member of University Council (Chair): Lynette Eastman
Chair of Council: John Mills
Vice-Chair of Council: Nora Senior
Pro-Chancellor: Dr Hamid Mughal
Treasurer: Steve Walton
One further external member of Council: Neil Watkinson
Secretary: Director Human Resources (Jaspal Kaur)
Further information about the Vice-Chancellor's salary
(updated January 2019)
Return to Committees list