Terms of Reference and Membership
- To review and determine the Vice-Chancellor's total remuneration (eg. salary, benefits, bonus and terms of employment).
- To keep under review the University's Reward Strategy, in particular as it relates to professors and other senior members of staff.
- To agree and oversee the annual remuneration process for senior staff (Level 7) which will encompass a total remuneration review for these staff.
- To consider EDI matters connected to Level 7 staff, including, but not limited to, equal pay and gender pay.
- To receive reports concerning non-clinical professorial and equivalent professional services senior management staff (Level 7) total remuneration and reward.
- To receive recommendations from the Vice-Chancellor on total remuneration for the University Executive Board, including expatriate remuneration.
- To oversee severance packages for staff earning in excess of £100k per annum.
- To review senior staff equal pay issues.
- To consider the terms and conditions under which any UEB member (or a member of their family) who has retired or otherwise left the employ of the University may (or may not be) re-engaged in any form of employment or consultancy.
- To consider and note matters of strategic significance concerning remuneration and other employment matters. This includes, but not exclusively, the recruitment, promotion and retention of senior staff.
External Member of University Council (Chair): Lynette Eastman
Chair of Council: Sir Keith O'Nions
Vice-Chair of Council: Nora Senior
Treasurer: Ian Kenyon
All other external members of Council: Vicky Bailey, Sonya Leydecker, Sherry Madera, Piyali Mitra, Richard Newsome, Stephen Odell, David Tilly
Registrar (Dr Paul Greatrix)
Director Human Resources (Jaspal Kaur)
Secretary: HR Project Manager - Reward (Ben Hadwin)
A representative from professional external advisors as appropriate on invitation
Terms of Reference updated January 2021; membership updated 1 August 2021
Further information about the Vice-Chancellor's salary
Return to Committees list