It will benefit you if you want to acquire skills to pursue a high-level career involving managing employment relationships in the private, public, or not-for-profit sectors, as well as getting the best out of people you employ in your own business.
You will sharpen your understanding of the importance of having the right mix of people with the appropriate sets of skills and competences, the significance and role of leadership, change management, the development and retention of talent, the challenges of managing people in multi-cultural and global contexts, and strategic human resource management.
Two key features of this course are its multi-disciplinary nature, and its engagement with contemporary debates in theory and actual practice. You will have the opportunity to learn from world-class experts, to participate in highly interactive lectures, workshops, case study analyses and blogs.
You will also engage in rigorous research and learn from practitioners, applying theory to practical organisational contexts that you will encounter in your working life.
Academic English preparation and support
If you require additional support to take your language skills to the required level, you may be able to attend a presessional course at the Centre for English Language Education, which is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK. Students who successfully complete the presessional course to the required level can progress to postgraduate study without retaking IELTS or equivalent.
Specialist business and management courses are available and you could be eligible for a joint offer, which means you will only need to apply for your visa once. Students who enter via the CELE route are exempt from paying the school's £2,000 course deposit. For more details, please contact us.
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, offering you full exemption from their advanced diploma
- Part of an elite group of EQUIS and AMBA accredited business schools
- 6th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework, with teaching underpinned by the latest developments
- An inspiring research portfolio worth £799m
- 91.1% of MSc graduates from Nottingham University Business School secured work, self-employment or further study within six months of graduation
- More than 19,000 Business School alumni connect you to a powerful global network of business contacts