Requesting a new website
If your unit, school, department or conference needs a new website on the University's public-facing site, the Web Team can set up a blank folder for you to edit in the University's content management system (CMS).
How to request a new website
You will need to provide:
- confirmation that you have discussed the site with your Web Coordinator
- site name e.g. Institute for Medieval Research
- details of CMS trained users who will be populating the site
- purpose and target audience
After receiving your request, the Web Team will:
- review your request and respond within two working days
- set up the basic structure of your site
- give the users access to the location in the CMS
Site creation process
If your site needs any of the following, please include this under 'Additional Information' on the form.
Let us know if you need any of the following for your new site:
- specific website URL e.g. www.nottingham.ac.uk/yoursite
- shortened URL for any print materials e.g. www.nottingham.ac.uk/go/yoursite
Let us know if you have any URLs currently featured in print materials that will still need to work.
Do you need a staff listing on your site?
If so, please contact your eStaff Profile administrator or Web Coordinator and ask them for your Unit ID.
Your admin will need this to set up your site's staff listing.
Guidance on what special functionality can be added to your site and which are unsupported by the CMS.
The CMS doesn't currently support the creation of password protected secure areas.
Contact the IT Service Desk about using Workspace.
There are a number of options to feature online registration on your website:
You can create simple forms in the CMS.
Download the forms user guide (PDF)
Set up your event for online booking on the University's online store.
Contact Dominic Henry
Third party solutions
Many sites link to services such as Eventbrite for online registration. These are not supported by the Web Team.
This is not currently supported by the CMS and would require further development.