We have a strong, supportive and welcoming research culture.
- Hear visiting scholars from the UK and overseas
- Present research in progress in a friendly and constructive environment
- Broaden your general knowledge of Theology and Religious Studies
- Gain a better sense of how research develops as part of an interactive process
Find out more about our research seminars
The department is also associated with two research centres that promote collaborative research both inside and outside the University.
You can make full use of the Language Centre facilities for both research-specific learning and personal interest.
Researcher training and development
The Researcher Academy is the network for researchers, and staff who support them. We work together to promote a healthy research culture, to cultivate researcher excellence, and develop creative partnerships that enable researchers to flourish.
Postgraduate researchers at Nottingham have access to our online Members’ area, which includes a wealth of resources, access to training courses and award-winning postgraduate placements.
Our graduate centres are dedicated community spaces on campus for postgraduates.
Each space has areas for:
- computer work
- kitchen facilities
You will have access to a range of support services, including:
- academic and disability support
- childcare services
- counselling service
- faith support
- financial support
- mental health and wellbeing support
- visa and immigration advice
- welfare support
Our Students' Union represents all students. You can join the Postgraduate Students’ Network or contact the dedicated Postgraduate Officer.
There are also a range of support networks, including groups for:
- international students
- black and minority ethnic students
- students who identify as women
- students with disabilities
- LGBT+ students
SU Advice provides free, independent and confidential advice on issues such as accommodation, financial and academic difficulties.