The department is targeted by a large number of major industrial and commercial companies for recruitment and many of our past graduates are in senior positions.
- The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers
(The Graduate Market in 2013-2020, High Fliers Research)
- We were also ranked as the number one university for job prospects
(Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015).
Our MEng and BEng honours degree courses are all accredited by the appropriate UK professional organisations, under licence from the Engineering Council. Accreditation by these bodies is a mark of assurance that the degree meets the standards set by the Engineering Council in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).
We strongly encourage you to obtain relevant industrial experience, either before or during your degree course. This is your chance to:
- develop your skills in an industry setting
- improve your employment prospects
- make contacts and meet professionals
- get a real insight into the industry you are interested in
- earn money
Once at Nottingham you may choose to undertake a summer placement or go on a year-long industrial placement as part of our "including an Industrial Year" courses.
We have a dedicated industrial placements team based in the Faculty of Engineering who will assist you in finding an industrial placement. For more information, please visit our placements website.
83.2% of undergraduates from the Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering secured graduate level employment or further study within 15 months of graduation. The average annual salary for these graduates was £29,073.*
* HESA Graduate Outcomes 2020. The Graduate Outcomes % is derived using The Guardian University Guide methodology. The average annual salary is based on graduates working full-time within the UK.