Halls offer a vibrant and sociable environment and we have a range of areas to suit your needs, mood and requirements. Our study areas offer space to meet with small study groups or for some quiet study time. Some halls also offer a traditional library. For when you want to meet friends we provide five hall bars across our compuses each serving a themed food and drink menu and you can even use your lunch card here.
All bills included in your 31 week Licence:
- Term-time accommodation*
- Food (19 meals a week term time)
- Heating, electricity and water
- Wi-Fi access in your room and in communal areas
- Junior Common Room (JCR) committee membership
*You will be required to fully vacate your room during the vacation periods unless you have booked a 39 week licence (see below)
All of the above are included in the 39 week Licence with the addition:
- 8 weeks accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations
The catered meal package consists of the following:
- a daily variety of simple hot and cold breakfasts Monday to Friday at your Hall
- a weekend variety of hot and cold brunch options at your hall
- a weekly allowance of £28.00 loaded to your University card which can be used at multiple outlets across University Park and Jubilee Campus (this allowance will be cleared each Sunday if not used)
- a daily evening meal Monday to Sunday at your Hall
- alternate packed meals are available on request
Events: you will have monthly "theme nights" and a formal dinner every term to look forward to.
Pantry facilities: if you feel hungry outside of meal times you'll find pantries in each hall with a sink, kettle, toaster, and microwave.
Visit Hospitality's web site for more detailed information on hall mealtimes and menus. We encourage all students who have specific dietary requirements to contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to accepting your accommodation offer to confirm that we are able to meet your needs.
Vacation catering packages are available to purchase at £287 per vacation. For more details please email email@example.com
Cleaning: your room will be cleaned every two weeks and communal areas are cleaned every week.
Bedding: Most students bring their own bedding, but bedding packs for you to keep are available from our online store.
Laundry: there are laundry facilities in your hall that you can use for a small charge.
Junior Common Room (JCR): A group of students from each hall are elected to the Junior Common Room (JCR) Committee and will represent you in the Students' Union and organise social events - a great way to make friends. See the Students’ Union website for more details.
Hall managers: each hall has a manager responsible for the day-to-day running of the hall and they are committed to ensuring that you are comfortable in your new home.
Wardens and tutors: your hall also has a Warden or Deputy Warden and tutors on duty night and day for confidential support and advice and to ensure the hall functions as a community that benefits everyone.
Security: with 24-hour security, secure campuses and card-only access to your hall, we make sure your environment is always safe and secure.