Intramural Sports Leagues
Join over 3,000 University of Nottingham students plating weekly in our intramural sports leagues (IMS). It's the perfect way to enjoy competitive sport and make new friends right here on campus.
Our winning teams get the chance to compete for Nottingham against Loughborough in the hotly contested IMS Varsity or even travel to China or Malaysia for the annual Tri Campus Games.
Find out below how you can get involved!
What sports are available?
Our IMS programme offers a huge range of sports listed below and you can sign up for more than one league or competition:
- Badminton (mixed)
- Basketball (mixed)
- Dodgeball (mixed
- Football (Men's 11-a-side)
- Football (Men's 7-a-side)
- Football (Women's 7-a-side)
- Futsal (Men's)
- Hockey (mixed)
- Rugby Union (Men's)
- Squash (mixed)
- Table tennis (mixed)
- Tennis (mixed)
- Touch Rugby (mixed)
- Volleyball (mixed)
When can I play?
The timetable for the 2017/18 IMS programme can be viewed below. We offer team leagues on set days, weekly individual leagues and one day tournaments.
Our Term 1 leagues begin from Saturday 7 October 2017 - your league organiser will confirm your first fixture.
Please note, you or your team will be allocated matches each week within the time slot given by your league organiser.
How can I get involved?
IMS teams can be made up of any group; hall teams, society teams, course teams or a group of friends.
- If you have a whole team together already, sign up for the 2017/18 IMS season online here.
- To join a hall team, contact your hall sports rep to find out what's available or join one of our hall sport groups. During Welcome Week, you can also sign up at the Sports and Societies Fair, hosted at David Ross Sports Village from 25 - 26 September 2017.
- To join a society or course team, contact your society or course rep to find out what's available. During Welcome Week, you can also sign up at the Sports and Societies Fair, hosted at David Ross Sports Village from 25 - 26 September 2017.
- If you're an individual looking for a team, please contact the IMS Officer for your sport.
Individual leagues and one day competitions:
We offer weekly leagues for several racket sports as well as one day competitions for individuals and teams in a variety of sports. These are open to all University of Nottingham students; it doesn't matter if you haven't played in IMS before.
- You can enter a weekly league by contacting the IMS Officer for your sport.
- You can enter an individual one day competition or register a team by contacting the IMS Officer for your sport.
- Looking for a team to play with? Please contact the IMS Officer for your sport
Become a referee or umpire
We offer several part-time paid roles as referees or umpires within our IMS programme.
- To register your interest, please contact the IMS Officer for your sport
Who is my IMS Officer contact?
Each of our sports is run by a member of our IMS Exec - all student volunteers. If your query isn't answered above, please contact the below.
IMS Varsity and Tri Campus Games
Each year our top IMS teams will compete against the best teams from Loughborough University's intramural sport programme during our IMS Varsity.
This year's event will take place in April 2017 at Loughborough University.
Several IMS winners will also get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete in the annual Tri Campus Games, a completely unique event in the Higher Education sector. Each year the event is hosted by one of Nottingham's international campuses in the UK, Malaysia and China.
This year's event will take place in Nottingham (UK) in June 2018.
Where can I buy official IMS kit?
With official partner Red Oak Roller we offer a range of official IMS kit for either your hall or society team. The range includes T-shirts, shorts, skorts and socks.
To view and purchase, click here.
What happens if there's wet weather?
Assume that all fixtures are on as usual unless you have been contacted by the IMS Officer for your individual sport (see list above).
How do I can find out about free buses to the Riverside sports complex and rugby fixtures?
We provide free transport on Wednesday afternoons to the Riverside Sports Complex for our football and rugby leagues. These will operate for the duration of the leagues.
Departs 1pm from bus stop UN45 (Outside Derby Hall), stops enroute at bus stop UN46 (mini roundabout by West Entrance). Returns from Riverside at 4pm and tops at both UN46 and UN45.
Departs 12.40pm from bus stop L12 (outside Starbucks, Jubilee Campus), stops enroute at bus stop UN45 (Outside Derby Hall) and bus stop UN46 (mini roundabout by West Entrance). Returns from Riverside at 4pm and drops off at UN46, UN45 and L12.
We also provide transport to the community venues hosting our IMS Rugby Super League programme on a Wednesday afternoon.
Route 3 (Rugby Super League):
This bus is marked 'IMS Rugby bus'. Departs 12.40pm from bus stop L12 (outside Starbucks, Jubilee Campus), stops enroute at bus stop UN45 (Outside Derby Hall) and bus stop UN46 (mini roundabout by West Entrance). Drops off at Riverside sports complex, West Bridgford RFC, Lady Bay RFC and Moderns RFC. Returns from West Bridgford RFC, Lady Bay RFC and Moderns RFC at approx 4pm and drops off and UN46, UN45 and L12.