Student Services Accessibility

Support for your Studies

Accessibility: Academic Support, Disability Support and ACCESS Centre

Our mission is to support the university community in creating an inclusive and equitable teaching and learning environment to the benefit of all students. Our specialist service provides student-led support to enable disabled students to flourish as independent learners.

We are here to help you if you are disabled, have a long-term medical condition or a Specific Learning Difference such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or AD(H)D.



Academic Support drop-in sessions every Wednesday 12.00 - 4.00pm

  • Suspect you have a Specific Learning Difference?
  • Had exam arrangements at school but didn’t qualify for them at UoN?
  • Want information about screening and formal assessments?
  • Completed a screening but aren’t sure what to do next?

You can get advice and guidance from an Academic Support tutor.

Drop-In Sessions run at the following times:

Wednesdays 12.00 – 4.00pm
Cherry Tree Lodge

If you are based at Sutton Bonington or Derby Royal Hospital please contact: for further information.

Urgent enquiries:

If you have an urgent query you can contact your named Adviser or Tutor directly, alternatively please ring us on 0115 82 32070. You can also contact your School Welfare Team.

University of Nottingham is committed to equality of opportunity for all its students and complies with legislation affecting access to Higher Education (the Equality Act 2010). You can meet with one of the Accessibility Team to discuss your needs at University of Nottingham. We would encourage all eligible students to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances before they arrive at University of Nottingham. However, the University does not discriminate according to whether a student has Disabled Students Allowance or not.

Academic Support

Students studying in a seminar

If you have dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D or another Specific Learning Difference (SpLD), contact Academic Support.

Disability Support

Students studying outside around a table

If you are d/Deaf, hard of hearing or visually impaired, have a physical disability, mobility difficulty, an autism spectrum disorder/Asperger syndrome, a mental health difficulty or a long-term medical condition, contact Disability Support


students with paperwork

The ACCESS Centre carries out Needs Assessments if you have applied for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA). You do not have to be a University of Nottingham student to access this service. 


Coming to Nottingham


If you are applying to Nottingham, or coming to study as part of an exchange programme, you can find out more about how we will support you if you have a disability, long-term medical condition or a Specific Learning Difference (SpLD).

Study Abroad for disabled students

Male student studying in a library

Are you thinking about Study Abroad as part of your degree? Check our advice to help you plan ahead. 

Your support

woman helping a female student study

If you want to know more about the support provided across the University and within Schools at Nottingham...




Accessibility (Academic Support, Disability Support and ACCESS Centre)

Cherry Tree Lodge
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

telephone: +44(0) 115 82 32070
For email contact information, please visit our Contact Accessibility page