How do I contact Disability Support Services?
Please email (include your student ID) or call with your enquiry, at the moment there are no in person drop-ins at Cherry Tree Lodge without prior arrangement.
Phone: +44 (0)115 82 32070 (phone lines are open 9am-12pm, Monday-Friday only).
Are you new to the University?
Where possible please make sure you have sent your evidence and completed a Further Details Form so we know you require alternative arrangements in exams and teaching.
Information on how to share your evidence and clarification of the evidence we require can be found here.
How to book an appointment
Appointments will be held via MS Teams. To book an appointment please email and include your student ID number and a contact telephone number. Specialist one-to-one Study Skills sessions for students with SpLD can also be booked by emailing email@example.com.
How do I talk to someone about a Specific Learning Difference when I do not already have a Support Plan?
We offer appointments for students who do not yet have a Support Plan, but who might need further guidance from a Specialist Study Support Tutor about assessments for Specific Learning Differences for example dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADHD. This includes:
- Students who want to discuss their Do-It Profiler results before deciding on their next steps
- Students who have been told they haven’t provided us with suitable evidence, and who are not clear on what they need to do next
- Students who would like advice on suitable assessment providers
- Students who would like more information about funding towards assessment costs
To discuss any of the above, 20-minute short appointments are available every Wednesday afternoon from 2pm to 4pm and are available to book up to two weeks in advance and up to 2pm on the day.
To book an appointment please click the link below:
SpLD/ADHD Feedback short appointment only
How to view your Support Plan
If you require amendments to your exam accommodations that are listed in your Support Plan, please let us know so we can prioritise these requests.
You can review your Support Plan by following these steps:
- Go to NottinghamHub
- Log in with your University username and password
- Click on the ‘Support arrangements’ icon
- Click on ‘Accommodations’ (approved support arrangements/reasonable adjustments)
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and there is a link to 'Download a pdf of your approved support arrangements'
Study Support Guidebook - join up on Moodle
We have put together a set of resources designed to support you as you adjust to teaching, learning and assessment away from the university. These resources can be found in our Study Support Guidebook on Moodle: Study Support Guidebook.
We will continue to add resources to this guidebook.
Hidden disabilities & the sunflower lanyard
The sunflower lanyard is a product of the Hidden Disabilities UK scheme. It provides a visible sign that you have a hidden disability. For more information about the scheme please click here.
Sunflower Lanyards are now available for students to collect from Cherry Tree Lodge reception. No evidence is required when collecting a Sunflower Lanyard. If students are unable to collect in person, please let us know and we can post a lanyard out to you.