How do I contact Disability Support Services?
Phone: +44 (0)115 82 32070
Phone lines are open 9am-12pm, Monday-Friday only.
Please email (include your student ID) or call with your enquiry.
We are located in Cherry Tree Lodge, on Unversity Park Campus, NG7 2RD.
The deadline for requesting reasonable adjustments for January 2023 exams has now passed.
How do I book an appointment if I have a Support Plan?
If you have a Support Plan through the Disability Support Service you can use our new self-service appointment booking system on Student Life. To book an appointment with a Specialist Study Support Tutor or Disability Adviser, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Student Life appointment booking portal available here
- Then click on one of the options below the ‘What would you like to talk about?’ heading
- You will now be able to view availability and book.
Appointments are available from the 16 January 2023 onward. You can choose an in-person or an online Teams appointment. In-person appointments are at Cherry Tree Lodge, University Park.
If you need to amend or cancel your booking, you can also do this by logging in to the Student Life portal.
How to request reasonable adjustments for exams - new and returning students
The deadline for requesting reasonable adjustments for January 2023 exams has now passed. Please continue to share your details with us.
Full details are here
You may need to submit an Extenuating Circumstances Form and full details are here.
Unsure if you have a Specific Learning Difference?
If you have never been assessed for specific learning differences (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADHD), we would usually suggest that you first complete a free initial online screening using the Do-It Profiler.
On completion of a series of questions and tasks, the Do-It-Profiler gives you a personalised report. Although it does not identify specific learning differences, the tool gives you information and resources, along with guidance to help you decide if you want a formal assessment. The Do-It-Profiler is not an exam - you cannot pass or fail it.
Requesting access to the Do-It-Profiler
You will need to log-in to Studentlife. The Do-It Profiler is in Resources which you can search by using keywords, e.g. screening. To be taken to the Do-IT Profiler resource, click this link.
- Do-It Profiler Results Guidance document to help you understand your results and consider next steps. Available here to download.
- A step by step guide to arranging a formal diagnostic assessment (including examples of assessment providers and how to apply for means-tested help with assessment costs too, where applicable). Available here to download.
If you are still unsure of your next steps, you can book on to one of our Wednesday afternoon workshops. The event is called 'I think I have a Specific Learning Difference Workshop'.
The booking portal can be accessed via StudentLife.
How to view your Support Plan
If you require amendments to your exam accommodations that are listed in your Support Plan, please let us know so we can prioritise these requests.
You can review your Support Plan by following these steps:
- Go to NottinghamHub
- Log in with your University username and password
- Click on the ‘Support arrangements’ icon
- Click on ‘Accommodations’ (approved support arrangements/reasonable adjustments)
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and there is a link to 'Download a pdf of your approved support arrangements'
Hidden disabilities & the sunflower lanyard
The sunflower lanyard is a product of the Hidden Disabilities UK scheme. It provides a visible sign that you have a hidden disability. For more information about the scheme please click here.
Sunflower Lanyards are now available for students to collect from Cherry Tree Lodge reception. No evidence is required when collecting a Sunflower Lanyard. If students are unable to collect in person, please let us know and we can post a lanyard out to you.