Performance Men's Lacrosse
Performance Lacrosse (Men's)
Lacrosse players studying at the University of Nottingham join one of the UK's largest University lacrosse programmes, competing at the top level of British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues. With the overall aim to be the #1 destination for lacrosse playing student-athletes in the UK.
The lacrosse facilities at UoN are extensive; our teams train on a purpose-built 3G pitch opened in 2015 at the Jubilee Campus sports centre and utilise performance facilities at the £40 million David Ross Sports Village including the High Performance Zone and Sports Injury Clinic. Other athlete provision includes: game-day GPS, video analysis, athlete wellbeing & other online tools to support performance, whilst balancing a student-life.
Fully supported by an international-level coaching team and professional support staff, the programme aims provide the opportunity for teams to succeed, plus enable each individual player to reach their full potential.
Lacrosse at The University of Nottingham
Our Head of Lacrosse is Mike Armstrong, who has played (2008 – 2017) and coached (2015 – present) internationally for England, brings performance knowledge, culture and resources right into the University program.
Having coached within club, University, regional and national set-ups, Mike is well versed in the demands of running the UoN program and works to support student-athletes both on and off the field.
Fun Fact: Mike actually won the BUCS Championship as a player in 2008, beating the University of Nottingham in the final. He is now #GreenandGold
Contact Michael Armstrong
- 4 weekly field sessions
- 2 weekly strength and conditioning session
- Athlete Wall
- Video & Data Performance Analysis
- 2019/20 - 1st - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2018/19 - 3rd - Premier North (Men 1)
- 2017/18 - 3rd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2017/18 - BUCS Lacrosse 8s finalist
- 2016/17 - 3rd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2016/17 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
- 2015/16 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
- 2015/16 - 2nd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2014/15 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
- 3 teams competing in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues
- Men's 1st Team: BUCS Premier North (top division)
- Nottingham Varsity
- Most recent success: BUCS Premier North - Winners 2019/20
Lacrosse background: Played at Poynton lacrosse club since age 7. Also played for Stockport metros and English knights, with which I toured America as part of both teams.
Top achievements: European club champions 2018 and being picked for the England training squad for the 2020 European championships
" Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up” -Rocky
Studying: BA Economics (School of Economics)
Lacrosse background: Selected for England U19 squad at the 2016 Lacrosse World Championships.
Top achievements: Selection as goal keeper for the Senior England Men's Lacrosse team.
"As well as being a top educational institution, Nottingham offers one of the best lacrosse programmes in the UK, with a strong core of English players."