Performance Women's Hockey
Performance Women's Hockey
Hockey players studying at University of Nottingham join an extensive set up with six female squads competing in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues. Our hockey facilities are world-class; we've recently opened a international-standard water-based hockey pitch within the Nottingham Hockey Centre adjacent to campus and the £40 million David Ross Sports Village houses state-of-the-art physiotherapy and strength and conditioning facilities.
With several University alumni having represented Team GB at the Olympics, including a bronze medal for Annie Panter at the London 2012 Games, we have a strong heritage of performance success combined with significant investment in the facilities and players of the future!
The University of Nottingham Women's Hockey club are proud to partner with One Sports Warehouse as an equipment supplier. You can find out more about One Sports Warehouse by visiting their website here.
Women's Hockey at The University of Nottingham
Director of the University of Nottingham Hockey programme since 2010, Matt Taylor is one of the top domestic hockey coaches in the UK. As well as leading the UoN Men's team to the national British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) title in 2015, Matt has won 3 Premier League championships and the EHB Cup with local National League side Beeston Hockey Club.
A former England senior international, Matt has won four National League championships and three National Cups with Cannock HC as a player. Additionally, Matt has coached over 35 senior international hockey players in the last 15 years.
Contact Matt Taylor
- 2 weekly squad sessions (60-120 min each)
- 3 weekly strength & conditioning sessions, including sprint training (60 min each)
- 3 weekly drop-in sessions available
- additional squad training for National League players
- 2022/23 - BUCS Championship Winners (Women 1)
- 2021/22 - BUCS Championship Winners (Women 1)
- 2017/18 - Midlands Hockey 1 champions and promotion to Midlands Premier
- 2017/18 - BUCS Championship runners up (Women 1)
- 2017/18 - BUCS North A 3rd place (Women 1)
- 2017 Investec Trophy winners
- 2016/17 - BUCS North A 5th place (Women 1)
- 6 teams competing in British Universities and Colleges Sport leagues (BUCS)
- Women 1: National Premier League
- England Hockey Division - North
- Nottingham Varsity
- Annie Panter - Won 108 GB senior caps. Represented Team GB at Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympics, winning a bronze medal.
- Jo Hunter - Won 72 caps, with 32 of them for Team GB
Studying: MEng Mechanical Engineering (School of Engineering)
Hockey background: Great Britain Elite Development Programme athlete and England U21 player.
Top achievements: Playing in the Junior World Cup and winning the bronze medal at the Junior European championships.
The University of Nottingham allows me the opportunity to study at the highest level and build on your own sporting success thanks to the top class coaches and excellent training facilities.
Studying: Psychology (Science)
Hockey background: England U16, U18, U21 (captained all age groups) Won junior 10 national titles at school and club level.
Top achievements: GB Senior International in June 2019. England Senior International. Youngest England Player at Junior World Cup in 2016. Scored winning goal in 2017 European U21 Championship bronze medal match.
Nottingham provides me with a professional environment with coaches that inspire me to be the best I can be. I have a lot of fun with my team mates as well as achieving my sporting and academic aspirations.