Gym Quiet Time
In the new academic year (2019-20) we will be introducing quiet times in our fitness suites (gyms) at David Ross Sports Village and Jubilee Sports Centre.
We are doing this in order to make the experience of accessing the fitness suites a more comfortable one for members who prefer working out in a quieter environment.
We have considered feedback from the trial in 2018-19 and hope that the times and days will provide a wider number of members with access to the gym environment.
When will the quiet time be happening?
The new quiet times in our fitness suites will start at the beginning of term. We have selected the times that are naturally quieter in our fitness suites. The days and times that have been allocated are:
David Ross Sports Village
- Mondays- 11am - 12pm
- Wednesdays- 10.30am - 12pm
- Fridays- 11am - 12pm
- Sundays- 12pm - 1.30pm
Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tuesdays- 10.30am - 12pm
- Thursdays- 10.30am - 12pm
- Saturdays- 12pm - 1.30pm
What will the quiet time involve?
- It will be implemented by our reception and fitness teams;
- No loud music over the fitness suite speakers;
- Turning off of all public TV screens within the fitness suites;
- Dimming of lights (if it is safe to do so);
- Avoidance of public announcements (unless there is an emergency);
- A polite request that all fitness users work out as quietly and respectively as possible.
If you haven't visited the fitness suites in either David Ross Sports Village or Jubilee Sports Centre before, please take the time to view our access videos which can be viewed in our Facilities section
We would welcome any feedback that you might have on the Gym Quiet Time initiative. This will allow us to develop and improve the offer to best suit the needs of our members and fitness suite users. Please complete the form below and submit your feedback online;
If you have any questions about this initiative please contact the Disability Sport Officer directly.