Services for Students

Students with Support Plans have access to coursework extensions

Students with Support Plans have access to coursework extensions

Coursework extensions

If you have a Support Plan, we recognise that you may need an extension to coursework deadlines and this is detailed in your plan. Coursework extensions will be subject to review and approval by your School.


What you need to know

To request an extension please complete a coursework extension request form (you do not need to complete an Extenuating Circumstances form if you have a Support Plan).

Email the coursework extension request form before the original deadline to your Faculty Assessment Team to review and confirm the request. 

 The Assessment Team direct email addresses are:


The coursework extension request form can only be used for one extension request per piece of work and you do not need to include any supporting documentation. 

If you have already been granted an extension on the basis of a Support Plan but your circumstances have changed, such that you would like to request a further extension to the already extended deadline, please follow the Extenuating Circumstances procedure

Related services


Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points