What you need to know
Your module convenor will inform you of the coursework submission deadlines for each module, and whether to use electronic or hardcopy submissions (or both).
If you have an academic referral form (ARF) or disability referral form (DRF) that states on it that extensions to deadlines in relation to your disability should be allowed on request, wherever possible, you do not need to complete an extenuating circumstances form. Please refer to the procedure for Students with Academic or Disability referral form that makes reference to extension.
Use Moodle or Turnitin for your electronic submission, following the specific instructions for each piece of work.
- You may be given special instructions for some types of work – such as lab books and models.
- For any other type of work complete a Coursework Coversheet, and then use the drop-boxes at Student Service Centres to submit your work.
If you are asked for both types of submission, submit the work electronically first. This will give you a submission number, which you will need for your coversheet.
Locations and opening times of Student Service Centres
- Please ensure you complete a coursework submission coversheet for each piece of coursework submitted. Coversheets are available in each Service Centre.
- When submitting coursework you will need to sign a declaration, stating that you have read the sections on Academic Misconduct in the Quality Manual, and confirm that the work you are submitting is your own.
- It is your responsibility to ensure coursework is submitted on time. This includes both electronic and hardcopy submissions. If there are genuine reasons that mean your work will be late, please refer to the information on Extenuating Circumstances.
- If you are sending coursework by post, plan for it to arrive at Student Services by the deadline day. Keep receipts/records of postage.
- Don’t leave submission of your coursework until the last minute as there can be queues!
Your ability to meet coursework deadlines may be affected by legitimate issues such as illness. For further information please refer to the Extenuating Circumstances webpages.
Hardcopy coursework will be returned to you either via the module convenor or via Student Services. Details about coursework returns will be made by the module convenor as part of the coursework submission instructions.
Module convenors will specify the nature and extent of feedback you can expect and whether this will be accompanied by the return of assessed work.
If coursework is being electronically marked it will be available to you via Moodle/Turnitin within 15 working days of the submission deadline.