What you need to know
There are two main types of optional placement:
1) Those that take place outside of term-time
- For example a summer internship or voluntary position. Your School will have detailed information on any placement schemes run directly by the School. The Careers and Employability Service offers a range of optional placement opportunities for our students including the Nottingham Internship Scheme and the International Work Experience Grant.
- Postgraduate Placements Nottingham is a seperate scheme specifically for Postgraduate Taught and Postgraduate Research students.
2) An optional Placement Year
- From 2017/18 students who are enrolled on to a degree programme without a compulsory placement year element will be able to undertake a Placement Year at the end of their penultimate year of study. This placement can be aligned to your degree discipline or it can be in an unrelated field that is more related to an area of career interest. Please contact your School or the Careers and Employability Service for further information.
Other placement options
You can visit any Student Service Centre to get initial information on placements or take a look at;
If you choose to do an optional placement, it will usually take place outside of term time.
To find out more about completing an optional placement, you can visit any Student Service Centre or the Careers and Employability Service in Portland Building.
Your School will have detailed information on any placement schemes run directly by the School and the Careers and Employability Service offers a range of comprehensive optional placement opportunities for our students.